After previously badoy discussed how to install WordPress on localhost, now badoy will explain how to install WordPress on cPanel.
WP Can Be Installed Directly on Your Hosting
Because not everyone knows that creating a website with WordPress must always be on localhost first. But you can also buy domain hosting directly and after that just install WordPress.
Compared to using localhost, installing WordPress on cPanel is very easy. We don’t need:
- Download Xampp tools
- Download the core cms WordPress files
- and create database PHPMyAdmin
Because cPanel has provided features that make it easier, its name is Softaculous.
Softaculous is one of the features in cPanel that can make it easier for us to install CMS. The cms here are not only WordPresss but there are:
- and others
5 Steps to Install WordPress on CPanel
Well, instead of lingering, let’s just practice how to install WordPress directly on cPanel. Here’s the discussion:
Login to CPanel
The first is, of course, you must first enter the cPanel of the hosting that you have purchased. The way to access it is: website name/cPanel. Then enter the username and password to log in. If you forgot your cPanel account, please check the email used to purchase the hosting and domain. Usually, the provider will provide complete cPanel info via email.
If you still forget, please contact the CS directly from the hosting provider that you trust to buy hosting.
Features of Softaculous Apps Installer
If you have successfully entered your website’s cPanel, now is the time to look for the Softaculous feature. To search for it, you can go directly through the search feature and type “softaculous”. Or you can also just scroll down, usually this softaculous is at the very bottom. If you have found it, please immediately click on the feature, so that various CMS options will be displayed that are ready to be installed.
Select and Install WordPress
Because we are going to install WordPress, just select and click the WordPress icon. After that we will be taken to a complete page for installing WordPresss. Where can we see the menus:
- and so forth
Because we are going to install, then just select the install now button.
Next, a dashboard will be displayed for configuring WordPress installs on cPanel.
- Software setup: in the choose protocol section, please select the desired protocol. If you are already using SLL then select HTTPS:// if you can’t just select HTTP.
- Choose domain: please enter the domain that WordPress will be installed on. If for example the subdomain, select the subdomain that was created.
- In directory: just leave this section blank. So that later the website will be directly installed on the intended domain without any other directories.
- Site settings: please enter the title and description of our website.
- Username and password: in this section, don’t forget to also enter the username and password which will later be used to log into the WordPress website dashboard. Make sure to use a password that is difficult for others to guess.
- Language and plugins: in this section, we can choose which language to use on the website. I usually choose English. The plugin itself does not have to be selected in this section. So later we will install the plugin after WordPress has been successfully installed on this cPanel.
- Advanced options: in this section, we can configure the WordPress database. Like the name of the database and the table. Then we can also set up auto upgrades and backups. Finally, just click Install
- Then the installation process will begin, and usually only takes a few minutes.
WordPress Has Finished Installing
Furthermore, when it is finished, information about the domain used will be displayed. To directly access it, you can click the URL provided in this information. Usually, there are two URLs. That is the direct URL to the website and one more URL to enter the dashboard of the WordPress website.
That’s how to install WordPress on cPanel directly using the Softaculous feature. It’s not very easy compared to we have to install on localhost using XAMPP. Hopefully useful and don’t forget to share with your other friends too.